I'm looking at you through the glass
Don't know how much time has passed
Oh god it feels like forever
But no one ever tells you that forever
Feels like home sitting all alone inside your head
...
So I started reading a new book lately. Actually, an entire series of books. Which is odd, because I don't normally read. But they really got me thinking. About what's really important in life and stuff like that. What would you do if you woke up one day, and half the world was gone. Vanished. Poof. I would be scared shitless, personally. But how would the world take it: chaos, a tyrannical rise to power, and utter destruction of life as everyone knew it? ...
What if, it wasn't just a story or a tale? And this actually was going to happen someday, according a culture's belief? The book is a made up of the prophecies of the end of the world written hundreds of years ago by the Christain John. I don't know, I just thought it was really interesting because I've never heard of any of that "rapture" stuff before. And if nothing else its a great book. And in case you haven't guessed, its the "Left Behind Series". :)
And sorry if this offended anyone. (well, i'm not really THAT sorry... lol)
But other news.. life's kinda dull. Love my new job :) They might put me on the marketing team (and i have no idea what that is... but it sounds good) School is boring, as always. Aiming for straight A's this semester :) My sister decided it was a good idea to walk out on the frozen lake the day after those boys died, then posted that as her facebook status, so now shes grounded. And I am thoroughly enjoying that :) But hopefully something will come along to cheer me up, cuz I've been feeling kind of down lately, not really sure why :/
Oh! And we're doing this assignment for Mrs. Springers class were we have to make a mask that on the outside shows what the world see's of us, but on the inside we have to write something about what people don't see. I'm actually kind of excited about it :) I'm going to write a poem. And if I remember I'll post it on here lol.
Since this is the first blog I've posted in a while, I thought I'd make it long. So if you are still reading this I am VERY proud of you. :) haha
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Under the Mask
Posted by Marissa at 4:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
aha!! i read the WHOLE thing!! you should be proud of me! (but please dont quiz me on it.) lol
Post a Comment