Monday, January 25, 2010

Springer Mask Poem

I Wear the Mask
Marissa Clark

I wear a mask that twists and lies
It fakes a smile when within it cries
Not in sadness, or in pride
But in a desperation which I hope to hide.

I want to break free, but I am trapped
In the cold shell of time that holds me back
From a future that seems so far away
But is drawing closer every day.

Tremendously unprepared for what lies ahead
So much to do, so much that was left unsaid
It is distressing knowing that before long
Most of the friends you’ve made, and you, will move along.

The days of ignorance and simple bliss
Will be a happy memory for us to miss
The moment to face tomorrow draws near
And it is time to let go of what we once held dear.

Although time frightens me, I must admit
I am eager to learn what the future will exhibit
Where will I go, what will I do,
Which of my ambitions will I pursue?

So insignificant seam my daily troubles and sorrow
When I know, for a fact, there is a happier tomorrow.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good take on We Wear The Mask.