Monday, February 1, 2010

Bury Your Own Castle

Best friends, by what? By obligation?
Your smothering me and I can't take it.
Remember those years not long ago
When you left me for him, and I was alone?
I was broken, all the way through
But I picked up the pieces and built a life without you.
One day you came to my castle, making demands
You wanted to return your block to the place it had once been.
I smiled and nodded; took your piece in my hand
I had to move other blocks, but I fit yours in.
It wasn't enough. You threw a fit.
And started changing my castle to the way you wanted it.
And I let you continue but now I can see
My castle looks like you and no longer like me.

All though it pains me, I must admit
You are one piece that refuses to fit.

And if your confused, I'll make it short:
I. can't. take. your. bullshit. anymore.

0 comments: